Corporate MC’s, Conference Facilitators & Marriage Celebrants
0411 253 785
0411 253 785
Civil Celebrant
Ashlee_Jayden(276of771) (1)

Your wedding day is more than communicating a few words, reflecting the love you and your partner share. It will be one of the most exciting days of both your lives. Together, Ian can assist you in producing a memorable and personalized ceremony that represents your ideal day.

As an authorised Civil Marriage Celebrant for the Commonwealth of Australia as well as an experienced Master of Ceremonies, Ian lives by a high standard of professional conduct as well as complying with a Code of Practice.

As a Gold Coast/Tweed Heads resident most of hislife, Ian has compiled a folio with a library of resources, readings, rituals and ideas you can access to design a ceremony that captures you as a couple. A civil marriage offers you the acceptance to design your own unique ceremony with inclusions of traditional and contemporary rituals including candle lighting, butterfly releases and dove releases. Whether you both decide on a simple and relaxed or formal and traditional wedding, Ian’s aim is to help create an irreplaceable ceremony, where both of you can express your commitment with authenticity, in your own unique way.


In order to register your marriage, you will be required to present the following documents. As a Justice of the Peace (Qual) Queensland, Ian can also assist you with these:

  • A Notice of Intended Marriage (N.O.I.M) form. This should be lodged at least one month and one day and not earlier than eighteen months prior to your proposed wedding date
  • Birth certificates or Passports
  • A copy of a Certificate of Divorce, if previously married
  • Name change deeds, if your names have been legally changed


I am also available to conduct other ceremonies, including commitment ceremonies, reaffirmation of vows and naming ceremonies.

Queensland Government:
Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages
Obtain relevant certificates

Notice of Intended Marriage Form
Legal document required prior to marriage (PDF, 74KB)

Australian Government Attorney-General’s Department
Governing body for civil celebrants

Gold Coast City Council: beach wedding application
Approval required for beach weddings (PDF, 27KB)

Interpreting services: Australian Government – Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) – Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)
Visit site

Ian is available to answer all calls and can promptly respond to your enquiries, providing you with answers you need right away. Please call Ian or contact him via email to arrange a chat before you make your important decision.

© 2022 Ian Cousins, All Rights Reserved